- Aquatic mounts.
- Coastal nodes.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- Naval NPCs.
- PvP objectives.
- Trade routes.
- Treasure hunting.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Temporary teleportation points will be present in early tests until ships are introduced later in the alpha testing.
- 1 Naval NPCs
- 2 Mariner classes
- 3 Ships
- 4 Trade routes
- 5 Naval combat
- 6 Coastal/island nodes
- 7 Fishing boats
- 8 Tides
- 9 Underwater nodes
- 10 Underwater dungeons
- 11 Kunstwerk
- 12 Community guides
- 13 Zie ook
- 14 Referenties
- Sailing NPCs.
- Frigates or galleon ships.
- Raid bosses.
- Quest givers.
- General sea-based NPCs.
There's an NPC structure that exists out in the oceans. These take the form of sailing NPCs, fortresses, whether that be large frigate or galleon based ships, and they take the form of raid bosses. They take the form of general sea-based NPCs. There's treasures that you can find on land and explore out at sea, as obviously one of the missions is why you would be going out to sea. There's escort missions that you can participate in... Some of those are straightforward and interact but with an NPC to receive a quest for; and some of those have to be discovered at sea. So these are all things that are make that type of area in an MMO exciting. You don't just want to have water for water's sake. You want to have water because it's a different experience from a content perspective than what's on land; and in order to be a different experience you have to have that content. – Steven Sharif
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to Artisan classes. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Boat repair.
- Ship components.
- Defensive skills.
- Utility based skills.
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
- Permissions will be present to allow other players to access ship functions who are in the same party or raid, such as weapons, anchors, utility items, and the ship's helm to navigate the ship.
- Players will have quests that navigate them toward creating a personal vessel at around level 10-15.
|Small||Personal vessels.||"Solo" content||1-3|
|Medium||Frigates (potentially).||Group content||Group size (8)|
|Large||Galleons.||Raid content||Raid size (40)|
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- Naval caravans are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
Ship building is a crafting profession that is able to construct ship components based on blueprints that unlock capabilities that scale with their progression within the ship building profession.
- Movement, Durability, Speed, Turn rate, Hit points, Defensive and Damage abilities.
- Weapon slots.
- Aesthetic customization.
- Ship components can be sold to other players.
You can have the base value of a hull. That hull might have certain placements that are available when it comes to utility slots and/or weapon slots for the ship. Essentially you are going to have that hull itself be augmented by constructibles via the ship building profession. – Steven Sharif
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
You will not need to be a ship builder profession to construct ships. The shipbuilder profession particularly they have the ability to craft components of the ships which increases the ship's capabilities, defenses, speeds, turn rate, offense and defense, you know all those types of things and then they can sell those to other players. – Steven Sharif
- Economic relationships between nodes established by Burgemeesters through the caravan system.
- An aspect of naval content.
- Naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- These caravans will come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
Naval combat involves different types of Ships with varying capabilities, armaments and roles to play out on the high seas. There will be a balance and counterbalance between ships from PvP and PvE perspectives.
- The result of events (such as guild wars or node wars) between the parties.
- When the ships move into an area that automatically flags them for combat.
- As the result of open-world PvP, utilizing the flagging and corruption system.
Certain ships can be hijacked. Naval caravans can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
- These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
- Coastal nodes change the spawn tables of the nearby water content and can also trigger specific events.
- Harbors in coastal nodes will have quest lines that relate to the ocean and nearby islands.
- It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea.
- Coastal nodes have hooks to points of interest that take control of harbors.
- Harbors will grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to ships.
There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
- There won't be nodes underwater or in the water.
2021-05-27 2021-01-30 2017-11-10
- Livestream, 2020-09-30 (40:52).
- Video, 2017-11-09 (0:01).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Livestream, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- Livestream, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- Livestream, 2017-08-23 (28:22).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Livestream, 2020-09-30 (41:13).
- Livestream, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- Livestream, 2018-10-31 (54:21).
- Livestream, 2021-05-28 (1:52:15).
- Livestream, 2021-07-30 (1:14:04).
- Livestream, 2020-09-30 (40:45).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (47:53).
- Livestream, 2019-06-28 (1:12:08).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- Livestream, 2018-10-31 (46:18).
- Video, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- Livestream, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (48:42).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (30:09).
- Livestream, 2019-06-28 (42:55).
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:02:49).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:29).