Markets in Ashes of Creation are regional, which means that each market has its own character. Because resources will shift locations as they’re exhausted, this will keep people moving about the world, seeking out the best resources for their crafting builds, and the best markets for their goods.
- There will be no central auction house or warehouse.
- There will be item decay and other ways to combat inflation.
- There will be player to player trading.
One major feature in our economy that differs from most fantasy style MMOs is that we're not approaching it from a global scale. Rather, we're trying to carve the world up into regions and make each one focus independently, while of course at the same time working together. – Peter Pilone
- 1 Economic regions
- 2 Economische node voordelen
- 3 Item sinks
- 4 Population based scaling
- 5 Onderling handelen
- 6 Storage
- 7 Caravans
- 8 Artisan classes
- 9 Trade agreements
- 10 Sharemarket
- 11 Security systems
- 12 Real estate
- 13 Player owned businesses
- 14 Artwork
- 15 See also
- 16 Referenties
- Castle regions are larger and encompass multiple economic regions.
- Nodes are the glue that hold castle and economic regions together in potential synergy or chaos.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
Economische node voordelen
Economische nodes die de metropoolstage bereikt hebben, ontgrendelen de verbonden economie superkracht. Economische nodes met deze superkracht delen hun veilinghuiscatalogus met alle andere economische nodes.
- Totaan twee economische metropolen kunnen op deze manier verbonden worden.
- Metropool level economische nodes staan wereldwijde verkoopprijzen over Verra voor hun veilinghuizing toe.
- Op items die vermeld zijn in een verbonden economische node kan geboden worden via elke andere verbonden economische node.
- Verbonden economieën verbinden ook de economische metropool en zijn economische vazalnodes.
Economische nodes die de metropoolstage bereikt hebben, ontgrendelen de superkracht "Verbonden Economie". Elke economische node met deze superkracht ontgrendelt de mogelijkheid om de veilinghuiscatalogus te delen met alle anderen, wat betekent dat men kan bieden op de items die in de ene verbonen economische node vermeld zijn in elke andere verbonden economische node. Verbonden economieën verbinden ook een metropool en elke vazal economische nodes die bij die metropool horen.
De Verbonden Economie superkracht heeft de mogelijkheid om een grootse markt de maken die de hele wereld omtrekt. Dit staat spelers toe om items met gemak te kopen en verkopen, mits ze toegang hebben tot deze economische nodes. Dit is een sneller pad naar vermogen in het land van Ashes of Creation.
Unique economic node buildings
- Marktplaatsen in Village level economic nodes have auction houses that allow raw resources and processed goods to be posted.
- Exchanges in Town nodes have expanded auction houses that allow all goods/items to be posted.
- Economic nodes that have reached the metropolis stage unlock the linked economy superpower.
- Up to two economic metropolises may be linked in this manner.
- Metropolis level economic nodes enable worldwide sale prices for auction houses across Verra.
- Items listed in one linked economic node can be bid on from any other linked economic node.
- Linked economies also connect a the economic metropolis and its vassal economic nodes.
If a Node is the Vassal Node of an Economic Node, an Auctioneer NPC appears in that Vassal Node. The Auctioneer allows players to list non-resource/processed materials in the Parent Node’s Auction House, but players cannot bid on items from this Auctioneer. These resources and processed materials must be stored within an Economic Node in order to be listed in that Node’s Auction House. In order to bid, they must still travel to the Auction House in the Parent Node.
- A listing fee will be charged to list items in the auction house.
- Vassal nodes of the auction house node will be able to view items that are listed on that auction house, regardless of node type of the vassal node.
- This will be possible through an auctioneer emissary in that node.
- Items cannot be listed in non-economic vassal nodes.
- There may be a taxation difference between auction houses versus other player businesses.
- Players will need to travel to the auction house that contains the raw resources or processed materials to retrieve them.
- Players wishing to move these items elsewhere will need to utilize the caravan system or other type of transportation.
- A marketplace UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Quest sponsorship.
Player stalls (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node. Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- An attendant is assigned to the stall.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- Players are not be able to be attacked while occupying their player stall.
- These certificates allow the placement of a player shop within an economic node or on a freehold.
- Item durability (item decay). Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
- Over-enchanting carries the risk of destroying that item.
- Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging) completed items.
An important aspect of a healthy economy is having some item sinks available... There are three kinds of item sinks: You can gain craftable items from deconstructing completed items; You can have decay... and if you want to over-enchant that item there will be a potential to destroy it as well. It's important for an economy to experience those types of emphasis on what can be crafted as well as seeing those items that are crafted be destroyed as well..
There is durability in the game... It's not going to be a trivial durability. There is a potential to destroy gear (weapons and armor), but there is also an ability to reforge that destroyed gear using a portion of the materials necessary as well as finding an item creator who can reforge it.
Power creep is a balance issue... When it comes to gear progression specifically, the idea is to create an open market that is not heavily dependent on soulbound items; and having many item sinks and gold sinks within that economy that allows for the potential degradation and loss of assets within that closed economy; and not introduce items from the marketplace that companies put in from a pay-to-win perspective or from a pay-to-convenience perspective that undermines the economy that players have built. That is a huge mistake that companies have made in the past and that lends to the imbalancing of what designers maybe have actually balanced well. – Steven Sharif
Population based scaling
Things that NPCs buy and sell kind of scale based on the economic activity that exists on that server... As inflation rises, prices rise and everything kind of ends up being equal, even though there might be a couple of extra zeros. So that can go up and it can also go down so as a population leaves, things become less expensive and players don't have to do as much to earn that. On the other side of things we look at the node system and the node system is set up in this really flexible way that allows us to scale the experience needed to level a node and the attrition that delevels a node to scale based on activity too. So you know it's just a matter of adjusting a couple of constants and that goes up and down and the server can watch it and change those on the fly as it needs to. – Jeffrey Bard
- Banking (het verplaatsen van items) tussen characters wordt waarschijnlijk gelimiteerd tot meubilair en voltooide items.
We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.
- Cosmetic skins.
- Het verplaatsen van items tussen characters, waar ze alleen toe te passen zijn op een character per keer.
- Very little gear will be account bound or soulbound in Ashes of Creation.
- Gear is obtained via crafting, gathering and processing along with raid and dungeon bosses.
A lot of what we experienced in games that usually come before us is that many things our account bound and they're soulbound to your character... Instead very little here is character bound. Very very little. The vast majority of gear- yes you will get quest related gear as rewards- but it won't be let's say one set in one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. Instead we want to really emphasize the reliance on the economy and crafters and gatherers and processors to support a majority of the gear structure in-game, combined with that of world raid bosses and dungeon bosses; not a repetitive quest line through a single dungeon. – Steven Sharif
- Access permissions can be set to allow others to access a player's personal storage devices.
- Warehouses may enable a player to transfer non-material goods between alts. This excludes resources, materials or anything that relies on the caravan system.
Player housing storage
- Access permissions can be set to allow others to access a player's personal storage devices.
- Opslag tussen characters wordt waarschijnlijk beperkt tot meubilair en voltooide items.
- Een warenhuis zou een speler de mogelijkheid bieden om niet-materiele goederen tussen alts te vervoeren. Grondstoffen, materialen of elk ander goed dat leunt op het karavaansysteem wordt hiervan uitgesloten.
- Caravans are for transfer of personal goods and quests as well as supplies for castles and nodes.
- Caravans can transport goods for more than one player.
We are toying with the idea right now of having a caravan transform through the use of an ability – and some delay period – into a trade ship at the coast should you wish to move into the water. – Steven Sharif
Crafting and gathering is a very important component of the economy that players will have direct control over. Whether you wish to build a sprawling plantation around your house, or wish to travel the vast wilderness in search of treasure and resources.
Ambachtsklassen staan niet toe dat een character een meester in alles kan worden. Een speler moet voor elk character een pad kiezen in de ambachtsvaardigheidsboom. Het vertakken in specifieke paden staat de speler toe om zich te specialiseren in bepaalde vakgebieden. Dit moedigt een spelers inderdependentie aan, wat op zijn beurt de ambachtservaring verrijkt.
- Beroepskeuze heeft geen effect op de statistieken van een speler.
- Characters binnen een account, ofwel alts, mogen verschillende beroepen hebben.
Wanneer we refereren naar het niet-zijn van meesters van alles, betekent dat niet dat je geen meester kunt zijn binnen jouw eigen ambachtstype. Dit type kan maker, verzamelaar of verwerker zijn. Je zult een meester zijn van een van die drie, je zult geen meester zijn van de andere twee. – Steven Sharif
Players will be able to move resources and set up shop in other areas to take advantage of the varied markets. With resources spawning dynamically, certain regions will naturally become important trading hubs for the transportation of goods throughout the world.
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Tools may become non-repairable, requiring re crafting.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Processing profession.
- Crafting the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
Node governments can enter into trade agreements with other nodes. Each node entering into the agreement can designate caravans with materials to be sent to the other; improving the economy of both nodes. This gives experience to all involved, contributes to the node’s growth and helps to construct buildings.
Mercenary guilds will be a viable way forward for different organizations. I think there will be a lot of business to be had with that; and one of the systems in our trade agreements is creating an escrow for those particular type of arrangements that we're looking into. – Steven Sharif
- Economic relationships between nodes established by Mayors through the caravan system.
- An aspect of naval content.
- The value of stocks is influenced by world events and the performance of nodes, Social organizations or guilds.
- There is no regulatory commission to restrict the purchase and sale of stocks.
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for inspection. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- Players caught cheating will be banned.
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- The more apartments that have been purchased in a node, the higher the price scales.
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes freeholds, this includes static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
Player owned businesses
- Quests that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (8:02).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (10:47).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (10:32).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (46:56).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (6:54).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (28:58).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (53:08).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:37).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (30:34).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (16:00).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Confectioner’s Delight.
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:53:52).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (39:15).
- Livestream, 15 mei 2017 (10:32).
- Livestream, 18 januari 2018 (46:56).
- Livestream, 28 juni 2019 (1:23:31).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (32:22).
- Video, 6 September 2018 (3:53).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (50:16).
- Livestream, 26 mei 2017 (18:10).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (13:06).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (4:15).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (20:30).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:23:31).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (23:18).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 8 april 2018 (23:18).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Video, 16 July 2019 (0:00s).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (45:20).
- Interview, 20 January 2017 (4:19).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (28:21).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (19:43).
- Video, 15 July 2019 (2:12).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- Livestream, 24 mei 2017 (32:07).
- Livestream, 5 mei 2017 (6:12).
- Livestream, 18 juli 2017 (37:25).
- Livestream, 26 juli 2019 (1:09:46).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (10:07).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (38:25).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (8:22).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (6:12).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (38:30).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (26:00).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (24:18).
- City hall.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:59).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (11:27).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (5:51).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (38:35).
- Massively OP, 1 June 2017
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (20:40).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (40:44).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (52:01).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:23:41).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (51:37).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (29:56).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (50:00).