Citizen and non-citizen player activity (questing, gathering, raiding, etc.) within a node's ZOI counts toward that particular node’s advancement (progression). Nodes have seven (7) stages of advancement, with experience thresholds for each stage. When a Node reaches the experience required for its current stage, it advances to the next stage.
|Node stage.||Alternate name.||Timeframe to advance.||Player housing.|
|3.||Village||-||Few days||Freeholds, Static housing|
|4.||Town||-||Many days||Freeholds, Static housing, Apartments|
|5.||City||-||Few weeks||Freeholds, Static housing, Apartments|
|6.||Metropolis||Metro||Many weeks||Freeholds, Static housing, Apartments|
The Development Area of a Node is where civilization will appear as the Node advances. As the Node Stage increases, different buildings, NPCs, and services will become available in the Development Area. The higher the Node Stage, the more complex and populated the Development Area becomes. Development Areas will also vary depending on the Node Type - Economic, Military, Scientific, or Divine; we’ll go into further details on each of those Node Types in future posts in this series. – Margaret Krohn
- Nodes advance to the first stage quickly. This enables NPC services such as vending or banking items.
- The more advanced the node is, the larger its ZOI becomes.
- Less advanced nodes (referred to as vassal nodes) that fall within a more advanced node's ZOI can still gain XP, but must remain at a lower advancement stage than the dominant node.
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
Nodes zijn vooraf ingestelde locaties, verpakt in zones van invloed, in onze wereld wat zich in steden van verschillende grootte kunnen vormen. Deze grootten variëren van een klein kamp tot een uitgestrekte metropool. De grootte van de steden hangt af van de bijdrage van de spelers en hoe ver zij de Node hebben gevorderd. Spelers maken de voetafdrduk van de Node niet zelf, maar binnen die voetafdruk hebben ze wel de mogelijkheid om land te bezitten. Spelers die deel uit maken van de overheid voor een specifieke Node zullen de mogelijkheid hebben om bouwtypen en services verder te modificeren, maar voor het grootste gedeelte, zal een Node langs een specifiek pad groeien (denk hiervoor aan NPCs die de steden bouwen, in plaats van PCs die individueel gebouwen en muren neerzetten). Het bijdragegebied van de Node is groter dan de stad zelf, waardoor het mogelijk word voor spelers om te avonturen en nog steeds de gelegenheid hebben om de stad voort te bouwen. We nomen het contributiegebied de "Zone van Invloed", en dat is het gebied waar spelers helpen om de Node waar zij zich in bevinden voort te zetten.
- Nodes accumulate an experience deficit each day based on the node's level. The deficit is subtracted from any experience earned that day. If any deficit remains, then this is subtracted from the node’s experience pool.
- Certain flags will appear to notify node citizens if their node has dropped below the required experience for its current stage. After a short period, if the atrophy is not addressed, the Node will then delevel.
- A node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time.
- When a Node delevels it enters a safe period, during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0.
If a Node delevels, it returns to the previous Stage, but keeps the racial style it had before deleveling. A Node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time. For example, a Level 2 Node would become a Level 1, or a Level 1 Node would become a Level 0. If deleveling would cause a Node to lose its Vassals, it does so. When a Node delevels it enters a “safe period,” during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0. Once the safe period expires, the Node can once again begin losing experience based on its deficit. – Margaret Krohn
There will be many different quests that actually have stages of the storyline; and these stages can actually be failed. You can actually fail a storyline; which sucks when you think about it, but at the same time that risk makes your investment that much more important. – Steven Sharif
- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
- Tax money only goes toward funding node development.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
|Appartementen||Instanced.||Stedelijke fase en hoger.||Een per server.|
|Freeholds||Open-world.||Dorpelijke fase en hoger.||Een per account.|
|Statische huisvesting||In een node.||Dorpelijke fase en hoger.||Een per server.|
Trophy park is an area within Town, City or Metropolis nodes that has available spots for trophies. These trophies show the character names of players who are the first to complete world bosses and dungeon bosses that were spawned as the result of the development of that particular node.
- Server announcements and achievements are designed to encourage groups to experience new content.
- Populations will change.
- Content difficulty will change.
- The content may be different altogether, depending on what is developed and how.
- Different types of antagonists with different story lines.
- Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages.
- Storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will depend on the story arc paths chosen through the node system.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, 12 December 2018 (14:48).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
Citefout: Ongeldig label
<ref>; de naam "https://www.ashesofcreation.com/node-series-part-2-metropolis/" wordt meerdere keren met andere inhoud gedefinieerd. Citefout: Ongeldig label
<ref>; de naam "https://www.ashesofcreation.com/node-series-part-2-metropolis/" wordt meerdere keren met andere inhoud gedefinieerd.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (50:20).
- Video, 20 April 2017 (0:02).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (55:27).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (28:16).
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Livestream, 15 december 2017 (1:11:52).
- Interview, 24 augustus 2018 (3:44).
- Node series part I
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:36:25).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (33:50).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (53:06).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (54:34).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (21:23).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (1:00:19).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:03:38).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (0:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (57:02).
- Video, 25 May 2017 (1:07).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (32:46).
- Interview, 11 mei 2018 (50:47).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:35:58).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (36:22).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017