- Economic relationships between nodes established by Mayors through the caravan system.
- An aspect of naval content.
Node governments can enter into trade agreements with other nodes. Each node entering into the agreement can designate caravans with materials to be sent to the other; improving the economy of both nodes. This gives experience to all involved, contributes to the node’s growth and helps to construct buildings.
Mercenary guilds will be a viable way forward for different organizations. I think there will be a lot of business to be had with that; and one of the systems in our trade agreements is creating an escrow for those particular type of arrangements that we're looking into. – Steven Sharif
Quest driven caravans
- These are initiated by players with a diverse choice of routes and launch windows, making them difficult to zerg.
- Initiating a caravan from one node to another will create a PvP objective that players will need to defend while it moves along its chosen route to the selected destination.
- Node-based caravan stats and capabilities scale with their node's advancement.
- Roads will upgrade as nodes advance. Different roads will dictate the speed and type of caravan required (off road vs on road).
The caravan system is designed to be initiated by the player. Which means, information of the caravans launch time and route, should be a closely guarded secret. Routes will also be diverse, and the world is large, so it might behoove you to scout the route ahead before a launch. Fast travel in our game is also limited, which means unless the guild had knowledge of your plans before hand, it is likely that they will be unable to organize and travel to a location. As far as mass guilds securing trade routes, there is always a bigger fish in the pond. Also caravans will have limitations on carrying capacity and launch windows that will segment mulitiple caravans by several minutes, which would space out the caravans, making it difficult to "zerg" a defense. – Steven Sharif
We are toying with the idea right now of having a caravan transform through the use of an ability – and some delay period – into a trade ship at the coast should you wish to move into the water. – Steven Sharif
Certain ships can be hijacked. Trade ships can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
- Aquatic mounts.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- PvP objectives.
- Trade routes.
- Treasure hunting.
- Video, 15 July 2019 (2:12).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- City hall.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:59).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (19:43).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (45:48).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Video, 9 November 2017 (0:01).