A marketplace (also called market) is a type of unique node building in Ashes of Creation that unlocks at Village (stage 3) of an Economic node.. Marketplaces serve as a center for the transaction of goods and services within the area. Players can use the Market to access features including (but not limited to) some of the following:
- Auction house where raw resources and processed goods may be posted.
- Trade hauling stables for Tier 1 mule training.
- Player shop areas for personal shop deployment and rental stalls.
- Private property sale certificates.
- Hunter’s Post (higher redemption for Tier 1 creature bounties).
- A marketplace UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Quest sponsorship.
- These certificates allow the placement of a player shop within an economic node or on a freehold.
Player stalls (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node. Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- An attendant is assigned to the stall.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- Players are not be able to be attacked while occupying their player stall.
Markets in Ashes of Creation are regional, which means that each market has its own character. Because resources will shift locations as they’re exhausted, this will keep people moving about the world, seeking out the best resources for their crafting builds, and the best markets for their goods.
- There will be no central auction house or warehouse.
- There will be item decay and other ways to combat inflation.
- There will be player to player trading.
One major feature in our economy that differs from most fantasy style MMOs is that we're not approaching it from a global scale. Rather, we're trying to carve the world up into regions and make each one focus independently, while of course at the same time working together. – Peter Pilone
If playing the game of supply and demand is something you enjoy, the Economic Node Type is one you’ll want to find citizenship in. Whether it’s trading goods across land and sea, hoarding the income you make, or purchasing whatever you fancy, Economic Nodes provide a plethora of ways for players in Ashes of Creation to grow their fortune, build their reputation, and attain rare goods or fame. During the Expedition stage of this Node, players will encounter merchants looking for the help of brave adventurers and curious artisans. If you choose to aid them, the once-small Expedition could grow into a sprawling Metropolis with rare items from lands afar!
Economische node voordelen
Economische nodes die de metropoolstage bereikt hebben, ontgrendelen de verbonden economie superkracht. Economische nodes met deze superkracht delen hun veilinghuiscatalogus met alle andere economische nodes.
- Totaan twee economische metropolen kunnen op deze manier verbonden worden.
- Metropool level economische nodes staan wereldwijde verkoopprijzen over Verra voor hun veilinghuizing toe.
- Op items die vermeld zijn in een verbonden economische node kan geboden worden via elke andere verbonden economische node.
- Verbonden economieën verbinden ook de economische metropool en zijn economische vazalnodes.
Economische nodes die de metropoolstage bereikt hebben, ontgrendelen de superkracht "Verbonden Economie". Elke economische node met deze superkracht ontgrendelt de mogelijkheid om de veilinghuiscatalogus te delen met alle anderen, wat betekent dat men kan bieden op de items die in de ene verbonen economische node vermeld zijn in elke andere verbonden economische node. Verbonden economieën verbinden ook een metropool en elke vazal economische nodes die bij die metropool horen.
De Verbonden Economie superkracht heeft de mogelijkheid om een grootse markt de maken die de hele wereld omtrekt. Dit staat spelers toe om items met gemak te kopen en verkopen, mits ze toegang hebben tot deze economische nodes. Dit is een sneller pad naar vermogen in het land van Ashes of Creation.
Elk node type heeft een geassocieerd uniek nodegebouw dat geactiveerd kan worden bij de dorpelijke stage van de node. Het unieke gebouw speelt een centrale rol in de vooruitgang van de burgerij van een server.
- Marketplaces in Village level economic nodes have auction houses that allow raw resources and processed goods to be posted.
- Exchanges in Town nodes have expanded auction houses that allow all goods/items to be posted.
- Economic nodes that have reached the metropolis stage unlock the linked economy superpower.
- Up to two economic metropolises may be linked in this manner.
- Metropolis level economic nodes enable worldwide sale prices for auction houses across Verra.
- Items listed in one linked economic node can be bid on from any other linked economic node.
- Linked economies also connect a the economic metropolis and its vassal economic nodes.
If a Node is the Vassal Node of an Economic Node, an Auctioneer NPC appears in that Vassal Node. The Auctioneer allows players to list non-resource/processed materials in the Parent Node’s Auction House, but players cannot bid on items from this Auctioneer. These resources and processed materials must be stored within an Economic Node in order to be listed in that Node’s Auction House. In order to bid, they must still travel to the Auction House in the Parent Node.
- A listing fee will be charged to list items in the auction house.
- Vassal nodes of the auction house node will be able to view items that are listed on that auction house, regardless of node type of the vassal node.
- This will be possible through an auctioneer emissary in that node.
- Items cannot be listed in non-economic vassal nodes.
- There may be a taxation difference between auction houses versus other player businesses.
- Players will need to travel to the auction house that contains the raw resources or processed materials to retrieve them.
- Players wishing to move these items elsewhere will need to utilize the caravan system or other type of transportation.
- Item durability (item decay). Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
- Over-enchanting carries the risk of destroying that item.
- Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging) completed items.
An important aspect of a healthy economy is having some item sinks available... There are three kinds of item sinks: You can gain craftable items from deconstructing completed items; You can have decay... and if you want to over-enchant that item there will be a potential to destroy it as well. It's important for an economy to experience those types of emphasis on what can be crafted as well as seeing those items that are crafted be destroyed as well..
- Caravans are for transfer of personal goods and quests as well as supplies for castles and nodes.
- Caravans can transport goods for more than one player.
We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for inspection. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- Players caught cheating will be banned.
- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
- It may be possible for crafters to determine what their crafted items will look like.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
- Video, 30 April 2017 (6:33).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (52:38).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (28:58).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (53:08).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:37).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (30:34).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Confectioner’s Delight.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (16:00).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (8:02).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (10:47).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (10:32).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (46:56).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (6:54).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Video, 16 July 2019 (0:00s).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (45:20).
- Interview, 20 January 2017 (4:19).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (28:21).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (32:22).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (38:35).
- Massively OP, 1 June 2017
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (20:40).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (14:45).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (24:19).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.