- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Regions
- 2 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse servers
- 3 Alpha-1 servers
- 4 Server population
- 5 Server-wide announcements
- 6 Server history
- 7 Server instancing
- 8 Server vs server
- 9 Metrics
- 10 Headstart servers
- 11 Server maintenance
- 12 Publishers
- 13 Payments
- 14 Server types
- 15 Procedural generation
- 16 Server transfers
- 17 Testing server wipes
- 18 Server hosting
- 19 See also
- 20 Referenties
Other server regions will be considered based on interest.
- South America is under consideration due to traffic from that region.
- OCE servers will not be provisioned until Beta for Ashes of Creation (the MMO) and live launch for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
At this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing. – Steven Sharif
- Q: When you say you no region locking or IP blocking, does this refer to all regions or just only Europe, Russia or North America?
- A: Currently that refers to regions that are territories under our license agreement with My.com and Mail.ru, which is Europe and Russia as it relates to our North American servers as well. However, moving forward should we announce additional strategic partners for foreign territories, it would be a red line for us as well not to allow for any region locking or IP blocking. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse servers
For this play test, no matter where you download and play from, you will be able to queue up and play with your friends from around the world.
Population based scaling
Things that NPCs buy and sell kind of scale based on the economic activity that exists on that server... As inflation rises, prices rise and everything kind of ends up being equal, even though there might be a couple of extra zeros. So that can go up and it can also go down so as a population leaves, things become less expensive and players don't have to do as much to earn that. On the other side of things we look at the node system and the node system is set up in this really flexible way that allows us to scale the experience needed to level a node and the attrition that delevels a node to scale based on activity too. So you know it's just a matter of adjusting a couple of constants and that goes up and down and the server can watch it and change those on the fly as it needs to. – Jeffrey Bard
- Castle sieges.
- Node sieges.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Geschiedenis of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
Dungeons and Raids
- No loading time or loading screens between regions.
- Instancing is only going to happen in certain dungeons where the desire is to have greater narrative appeal. Outside of these and arenas there will not be too much instancing anywhere else.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- There will be an arena ladder system.
- Mayors of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- The arena system may support cross-server combat.
Server vs server
- There may be monthly competitions where the winning server and winning team receive beneficial buffs for the month.
When you're talking about Arena play especially, one server might not be able to support that depending on what's going on with it, but across all the servers then we've got a really great pool for matchmaking. – Jeffrey Bard
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
Scheduled server downtime will occur on a weekly basis.
Intrepid will maintain 100% creative control over Ashes and our partners My.com and Mail.ru shares our vision for Ashes, as this was very important to us. This means our stance on p2w for the game. This partnership allows us as a Studios to focus on the development of the game and allows us to feel comfortable with the level of service that we know my.com and Mail.ru can provide our glorious community. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse was made available for download on Steam on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2PM PDT.
It will be possible to register with Intrepid, in order to play on NA servers. In which case, your account and billing info would be handled solely by Intrepid. My.com will be responsible, with collaboration from Intrepid, for EU accounts and servers. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Can you inform us about payments done by EU. Will they be to my.com or to IS?
- A: Depends where the player creates their accounts, you will be able to choose Intrepid or my.com. – Steven Sharif
- Er zullen geen speciale role playing(RP) servers komen.
- Er zullen geen speciale PvE- en PvPservers komen.
We zien onszelf graag als een PvX spel, omdat de systemen als PvP, PvE en ambacht allemaal met elkaar verweven zijn: ze zijn onafhankelijk van elkaar... Ons ontwikkelingssysteem heeft die onafhankelijkheid van de genoemde systemen echt nodig. Je hebt ambachtslieden nodig om de beste spullen te verkrijgen. Je hebt PvP'ers nodig om steden en kastelen veilig te stellen en te bemachtigen. Je hebt PvE'ers nodig om world bosses te doden voor zeldzame materialen om vervolgens spullen te maken. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation is een PvX-spel. Spelers zullen automatisch beide PvP- en PvE-elementen tegenkomen. Het is onwaarschijnlijk dat een speler zich puur kan focussen op alleen PvP of PvE.
- Er is een balans tussen PvP en PvE in Ashes of Creation.
- Sommige servers zullen meer op PvP gefocust zijn dan andere servers.
- Er zal geen verschil zitten tussen PvP- en PvE-uitrusting.
- Voor vooruitgang in het spel zal meer nodig zijn dan alleen PvE-elementen.
- Alle statistieken gerelateerd aan een spelers combat-effectiviteit in PvX.
Wij zijn zeer duidelijk in ons doel en onze filosofie en we snappen dat dit niet naar ieders wens zal zijn. Maar, weet je, er is een belangrijke wederkerige relatie tussen de inhoud gerelateerd aan PvE en aan PvP en ze vullen elkaar aan. Ze zijn elkaar katalisator: hun voortgang, hun ontwikkeling. Het zijn dingen waar mensen waarde aan hechten en waarbij ze kunnen zien dat ze iets verdient of verloren hebben. Dat lokt een emotionele reactie van de speler uit: hij heeft tijd in iets gestoken dat uiteindelijk slaagt of faalt; PvP staat het toe dat het element kan worden geïntroduceerd in de gameplay. En we zijn er zeer duidelijk in dat dit ons doel is: de relatie tussen risico en beloning, de prestatiegerichte mentaliteit. Niet iedereen zal een winnaar zijn, dat is niet erg. – Steven Sharif
Testing server wipes
- The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse stress test was hosted by Microsoft servers in the US Midwest (Ohio).
- Google was the original candidate for server hosting.
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (48:13).
- Interview, 8 May 2017 (22:06).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Ashes of Creation FAQ: Where will your servers be?
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (47:54).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (26:41).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (0:09).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:53).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (59:25).
- Video, 6 September 2018 (4:25).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (39:15).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (48:14).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (24:48).
- Interview, 20 April 2018 (9:20).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (36:26).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (35:42).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (11:51).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (20:59).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (24:17).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (16:44).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:53).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (48:12).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (52:20).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (29:13).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (36:21).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (29:05).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:47:21).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (58:50).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (44:10).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (25:53).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:20).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (27:35).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:27).
- Livestream, 5 mei 2017 (35:27).
- MMORPG Interview, 12 december 2016.
- Video, 16 april 2018 (1:32).
- PvX definitie.
- Livestream, 12 mei 2017 (24:52).
- Livestream, 5 mei 2017 (33:25).
- Livestream, 15 mei 2017 (14:05).
- Livestream, 1 juni 2017 (37:39).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.