- Establishing core technical features for the back-end solution.
- Connecting many players into a single zone with 4,000 NPCs.
- Getting good server framerate performance.
- Making the connection through the launcher end.
- Establishing the core node system collection cultural experience.
- Alpha-0 was the invite-only "raffle" alpha that also grants access to some media and influencers.
- Alpha-0 is a part of Pre-alpha testing.
- 1 Alpha-0 gameplay footage
- 2 Alpha-0 participation
- 3 Alpha-0 nodes
- 4 Alpha-0 starting area
- 5 Alpha-0 environments
- 6 Alpha-0 classes, races and genders
- 7 Alpha-0 progression
- 8 Alpha-0 artisan classes
- 9 Alpha-0 combat
- 10 Alpha-0 dungeons
- 11 Alpha-0 party size
- 12 World size
- 13 Alpha-0 NDA
- 14 Alpha-0 easter eggs
- 15 Alpha-0 releaseplanning
- 16 Alpha-0 security systems
- 17 Alpha-0 graphics system
- 18 Alpha-0 screenshots
- 19 Zie ook
- 20 Referenties
Alpha-0 gameplay footage
- 2017-10-31 Video - Alpha-0 Work in progress
- 2017-12-15 Livestream
- 2018-01-23 Video - Alpha-0 Underrealm Preview
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
- 2018-02-24 Video - Alpha-0 Dünheim Dungeon Lore
- 2018-04-04 Video - PAX East Pre-Alpha Gameplay
- 2018-05-04 Livestream
- 2018-06-04 Livestream
- Only one node was capable of reaching the Dorp stage (at one time).
Alpha-0 starting area
One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-0 classes, races and genders
- Four playable archetypes: Cleric, Mage, Ranger, Tank.
- Two playable races: Kaelar, Empyrean.
- Gender selection.
- Leveling was from level 1 to 10.
- New equipment dropped.
- There was a tier-based skill progression where players applied points into individual skills.
Alpha-0 artisan classes
The weapon use ability (precision combo/quicktime event) system is in Alpha-0 but it is a different iteration to what was shown at PAX West 2017. Due to time constraints leading up to Alpha 0, the success range of this system was widened and the UI component was disabled. The plan moving forward is to continue to evolve the system in a fun and more engaging direction based on community feedback.
- Many animations at the moment are first pass, and will be further fleshed out as development continues.
We want combat to be engaging, fun. What you're seeing in our pre-alpha we honestly have not spent a lot of time on combat. Most of this pre-alpha has been spent on establishing core technical features for our proprietary back-end solutions for making a MMO in Unreal. – Steven Sharif
Weapon use ability status
- The weapon use ability that was originally shown at PAX West 2017 was reduced to a basic form in Alpha-0. The new combo system will not have the quicktime event that was seen in PAX West 2017.
- A revised weapon use combo system was present in Alpha-1. This was referred to as Combo system, Combat skills, and Combat tree.
Alpha-0 party size
- Water area is considered playable area, but the exact area of land versus water is not known at this time.
480 square kilometers; which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
|Testing phase||Map size (approximate)|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale||6.25 km2.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale Forest of Erinthia||1.25 km2.|
Alpha-0 easter eggs
|Alpha||Alpha-0.||December 15, 2017.|
Alpha-0 key raffles
When getting real-time feedback, we want a wide sample of opinions from people that cannot afford to spend four or five hundred dollars on the Braver of Worlds, to the people that can... We want to get a wide, diverse audience from a purchase standpoint, even people that aren't even invested in the game at all, that's why we raffle out to registered users, or just on stream.. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-0 end date
Alpha-0 security systems
Security systems will be in place to combat cheating, exploiting, botting, gold selling/real money transactions (RMT), item duplication and other things that affect the economy starting from Alpha-0.
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for investigation. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- We do have already built into the game on the outset is essentially behavioral metrics. So in the game, as a player does normal things and they acquire normal gold, that's all good and well, but if there starts to be item IDs that appear on the player account that are out of the norm, like either a large amount of gold, or significant legendary items, what it does in the back-end it flags the account for view so that we can take a look at where did this item come from. Is it coming from a known gold seller or a flagged bot, or whatever; and then we investigate. So we're going to be pretty hard on the ability for players to subvert the natural economy systems by RMT or botting. – Steven Sharif
- Players caught cheating will be banned.
Alpha-0 graphics system
UE4 allows us to do from a graphical fidelity standpoint is create a beautiful world on the front end.
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (3:48).
- Livestream, 2017-10-20 (50:20).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (30:31).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (4:52).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (41:44).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (15:00).
- MMOGAMES Interview, 8 September 2017.
- Livestream, 2017-10-31 (24:19).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (30:34).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (1:11:52).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (33:28).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (11:41).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (11:51).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (12:08).
- Video, 2018-01-22 (0:01).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (1:36:53).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (14:00).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (14:57).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (37:10).
- Video, 2017-08-30 (3:36).
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (47:57).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (58:48).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (1:02:22).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (1:02:50).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (22:50).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, 2021-09-24 (1:19:17).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (22:46).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (1:28:40).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (57:42).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (17:50).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (1:33:13).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (49:28).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 2017-10-31 (24:00).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- Interview, 2022-01-14 (3:50).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (17:34).
- Livestream, 2017-12-15 (1:34:41).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (2:48).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (44:11).
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (40:47).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:12:37).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (38:35).
- Massively OP, 1 June 2017
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (20:40).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (28:06).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (27:21).