- Tulnar race.
- Secondary classes.
- Emblem, logo and symbol editor (tentatively).
- Family summon mechanic.
- There may still be character wipes.
- There may still be testing wipes.
- Alpha-2 servers will become the public test servers (PTS) post-launch.
- Used to test patches and updates.
- Beta-1 and Beta-2 will probably not be persistent.
|Alpha||Alpha-2 (aanhoudende alfafase).||-|
Emblem, logo and symbol editor
- An active GM staff will be monitoring user-created content. Users who upload inappropriate content will place their accounts in jeopardy.
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
- Guild emblems.
- Armor attachments.
- QA testing prior to the full release of Alpha-1 is covered by NDA.
- Alpha-0 and "Beta-0" are the invite-only "raffle" alpha and beta test phases.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack from the cosmetic store.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
- First team members were hired in December 2015.
- Ashes of Creation development began in February 2016.
- Official website was launched and project announced, December 10, 2016.
- Official discord was launched, January 18, 2017.
- Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with $750,000 funding goal, May 2, 2017.
- Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign completed with 19,576 backers raising $3,271,809, June 3, 2017.
- Summer crowdfunding campaign launched, June 21, 2017.
- Summer crowdfunding campaign completed with 2,485 backers, July 22, 2017.
- Raised $16,500 for Extra Life children's hospitals, November 4, 2017.
- PAX West 2017, September 1-4, 2017.
- Alpha-0 released on schedule, December 15, 2017.
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2018, March 19-23, 2018.
- PAX East 2018, April 5-8, 2018.
- Last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs, August 15, 2018.
- At Gamescom with My.com, August 20, 2018.
- 100 developers working on Ashes of Creation, August 27, 2018.
- PAX West 2018 panel, September 1, 2018.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (previously called Alpha-1 phase 1 battlegrounds), October 19, 2018.
- Raised $20,518 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life, November 4, 2018.
- 60 developers working on Ashes of Creation at San Diego offices (following disengagement with Malaysian art team), April 15, 2019.
- Raised $20,901 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life, November 3, 2019.
- Announced a mutual parting of ways with publisher My.games, August 21, 2020.
- Kickstarters meest gefinancierde MMORPG.
- Kickstarters #7 meest gefinancierde video game.
- Meest geanticipeerde MMO. – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Meest geanticipeerde Early Access hands-on MMORPG. – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Beste indie spel.
- Gamescom 2018: Beste online spel.
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (25:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (54:02).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (0:00).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (12:38).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:41:11).
- Livestream, 2018-10-31 (47:44).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:05:28).
- Livestream, 2017-05-17 (55:40).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (48:30).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:35:54).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (49:26).
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (31:37).
- Kickstarter packages.
- MMOGAMES Interview, 8 September 2017.
- Intrepid pre-order pack.
- PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- PAX West 2017 Beta package.
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Ashes of Creation - September Cosmetics.
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (12:18).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (28:50).
- MASSIVELY OP interview: Ashes of Creation on a new way to MMO.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Intrepid Studios Dev Team.
- PAX West 2017 Schedule.
- PAX West 2017 Map.
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (2:48).
- Ashes of Creation Gamescom 2018 Interview: Responding to Criticism.
- Intrepid Studios Extra Life 2018 (@MediaAoC).
- Interview, 2019-04-15 (5:09).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards