Sometimes the disturbed beings could take the form of packs of dire wolves, hordes of zombies roused from their graveyard, or even, rarely, an epic-tier dragon flying out of a volcano once a node reaches its maximum level. In any case, the disturbed monsters have to tackle a series of destructive objectives, which can either be handled by the the AI or, more interestingly, by a player. The player in turn would attempt to complete all those actions much as in a multi-objective quest, hopefully before other players brought him or her down.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- The Ancients are not going to be part of the monster coin system.
- Monster coins only allow a character to participate in events on their own server.
Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Use of monster coins
- 2 Obtaining monster coins
- 3 Impact of monster events
- 4 Rewards from monster coin events
- 5 Monster coin progression
- 6 Announcements/Notifications
- 7 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- 8 Zie ook
- 9 Referenties
Use of monster coins
- Monster coins are only usable during monster coin events.
- Two different monster coins can not be used on the same monster player during the same event.
- Some events have monsters that can be taken over by multiple players.
- If no players participate in a monster event, the monsters will be run by AI.
- Citizens of a Node are not eligible to control monsters attacking that node.
We are very well aware that systems if they can be gamed they will be gamed and we're making sure to develop the monster coin system so that there is no potential for gaming there. – Steven Sharif
Obtaining monster coins
Monster coins are obtainable from:
Impact of monster events
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
Rewards from monster coin events
- Cosmetics are the only rewards available to players from monster coin events.
- Cosmetic rewards resemble the creature that was being controlled.
- Monster coins are not tradeable.
Monster coin progression
In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level. – Steven Sharif
- The tier of the monster coin dictates how powerful the monster is.
Legion monster events
Legion monster coin events are common events that occur for Nodes up to the Dorp stage. This might include a horde of zombies rolling across the countryside finding something or someone to feast on. Players who wish to keep their advancements will need to be vigilant.
Elite monster events
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the Dorp and Metropolis stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
Epic monster events
Epic monster coin events are of truly fitting proportions. These events occur randomly in the world as well as in realms where nodes have advanced to the City and Metropolis stages of development. This would be a legendary boss awoken from their long and deep slumber: A mighty dragon perhaps, whose sole purpose is to plunder to punish those who have summoned his malice and hate.
- Castle sieges.
- Node sieges.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
- Expedition (stage 1) and Encampment (stage 2) nodes will announce within proximity of the node.
- Dorp (stage 3) nodes will have region-wide announcements.
- Town (stage 4) and higher will likely broadcast world-wide.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- Each wave is more difficult than the last.
- Between waves, players collect experience, money and weapons to take back to their hold to defend against the next wave.
- Monster coins enable players to join the game as part of the horde.
Horde mode will absolutely include boss mechanics, so some of the ideas behind that is going to have a wave mode of a variety of NPCs will likely include some achievable cosmetics as well in that mode depending on how far you can get and those cosmetics will include pets of the NPCs that you face, so like a little miniature version of the NPC's and we'll update those as well, that you'll have in the MMO. – Steven Sharif
- Testing the blackboard for the AI.
- NPCs with different adaptive AI focuses:
It's a way that we thought it would be kind of fun to implement AI mechanics that we're looking to implement. Testing the you know the blackboard for the AI. Being able to have variable types of NPCs that have roles whether it be like a sniper, ranged, melee, boss, heroic you know kind of different AI focuses for those monsters during interesting situations. – Steven Sharif
- Video, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (1:36:05).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (22:14).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (22:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- Livestream, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (13:17).
- Livestream, 2018-09-01 (54:06).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (30:29).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (4:00).