Food and drink
- The higher quality the food item, the greater duration of the buffs.
- Food buffs can be increased through the furniture system.
- Food buffs can also be proximity-based, such as with tavern consumables.
Players will be able to buy food and drink from a Tavern, some of which will be supplied by the tavern owner or other patrons that they get their menu from. These consumables will offer tangible benefits to players that stay within a certain proximity of the tavern itself.
If a player chooses to construct a tavern or a business on their freehold, they can offer food through that tavern and players who are visiting the area doing hunting quests can visit the tavern, eat food if it's available, and they will receive a buff that is proximity based essentially if they hunt around that person's business... Additionally that business can be upgraded through the access of additional blueprints as well as resources that need to be then poured into the building; and if they do so that proximity radius expands. – Steven Sharif
Characters will have a defined region of agency over what is available in the different taverns, whether they be taverns located within the city or taverns located on a freehold; and those could be tied to supply quests that are then done by the players. They could also be regionally determined by availability of resources. – Steven Sharif
If you're a tavern over on the western side you might have different grains, spices and mead there; and over on the other side of the world there might be taverns with completely different things. – Jeffrey Bard
- Recipes will include Verran and Sanctus ingredients and cuisine as well as familiar dishes and recipes.
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (15:19).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:01:07).
- Livestream, 2021-10-29 (1:07:55).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (16:00).
- 2019-11-26 Blog: Bear the Burden
- Livestream, 2021-01-29 (1:11:29).
- Livestream, 2018-06-04 (14:13).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (27:33).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (27:31).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (6:13).
- Livestream, 2017-05-17 (46:05).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (43:42).