- Bounty hunters are able to see corrupted players on their map.
- The accuracy of bounty hunter maps is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.
- Bounty hunter status can be toggled on or off.
- Corrupted players may kill bounty hunters without acquiring additional corruption score.
When you gain that corruption you have the potential of losing your completed items, your weapon, your armor, stuff that is very difficult to achieve; and then the other aspect of that is, that in order to deter basically players taking alternate characters and saying this is my PK alt, the more players you kill, the more corruption you gain, the higher your combat efficacy in PVP diminishes. If you're out there and you killed you know 20 players... you will not be able to perform in PVP any longer. You will need to take that character and go work off that corruption. The other aspect of corruption is that if you kill another player, who is a non-combatant and the level disparity between you and that player is great, you will gain a higher amount of corruption from that single kill. To the point where you should not be killing a level one character. – Steven Sharif
- A player’s corruption score increases with each non-combatant player killed.
- The wider the level disparity between the players, the more corruption will be gained.
- Corruption penalties occur as the corruption is gained. The higher the corruption score:
- The more skill and stat dampening applies (lower health and mana, lower gear proficiency), until the corrupt player ultimately becomes ineffective at combat. This dampening only affects PvP combat.
- The higher chance of dropping of carried raw materials and gear (Weapons and Armor) when the corrupted player dies.
- Corruption has a visible effect on a player’s appearance.
- A corrupt player’s location is revealed to bounty hunters on their world map.
- If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant.
The more corruption you gain, the less effective you become in PvP and there's going to be a certain period at which point you have gained enough corruption that you're going to be gearless and you're also going to have a massive reduction in your PvP efficacy. – Steven Sharif
You can't necessarily time perfectly you know the damage or understand even the health of the player. Unless you were in their party you cannot see an opponent's health as well so that's another component that you know adds risk. – Steven Sharif
- An alternate way to remove corruption is through religious quests. These quests are considered time sinks.
Corrupt players killing bounty hunters
Bounty hunter maps
Players with a high enough corruption score will be visible on the world and mini maps. These players will have markers posted on the map by an NPC from a Military node of at least stage 4 (Town), and will only be granted to players who have the Bounty hunter title. The accuracy of bounty hunter maps is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.
Taverns are one of the locations that bounties will be posted. As players gain corruption, taverns may offer bounties to eliminate those players; or have a specific area cleared of problem players, thus giving a POI (point of interest) on the world map.
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (9:28).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:00).
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (1:18).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (51:31).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (43:05).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (5:05).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (35:20).
- Interview, February 2017 (39:33).
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (0:17).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (42:33).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:40:48).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (20:41).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (2:18).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (1:15:10).
- Interview, 20 January 2017 (06:12).
- The mighty beard!