- Cosmetic skins.
- Het verplaatsen van items tussen characters, waar ze alleen toe te passen zijn op een character per keer.
This would likely be utilized more so by guilds than that would be solo or unaffiliated players; and I believe that the solo player they may have friends that they want to play with. That's fine, they can also still with those friends do the reservation system, but the player who is just joining the game fresh and doesn't have a community that they're part of, I don't think they really mind in that regard and will not utilize that system. – Steven Sharif
- Accounts will have name reservation tokens, that entitle its holder to reserve a name on a specific server when the reservation time comes.
Name reservation priority
- Kickstarter backer tiers, highest to lowest.
- Summer crowdfunding backer tiers, highest to lowest.
- Pre-order packs purchased from the web store.
Within each tier, the name reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis.
Name reservation availability
The current policy on multi-boxing (multi client) is that players are allowed to own multiple accounts, but may not launch multiple game clients from the same computer. Players may not use any software to automate character actions or mimic keystrokes.
- This was previously stated to be: If a user has a legitimate account and is not botting or using complex scripting then multi-boxing will be permitted.
Multiple accounts and multi-boxing, that's a little bit difficult for me because it could be conceived as pay-to-win, because you can progress on a second character and you can then gift that progression to your primary character. In that scenario yes I can see the argument. However if the character progresses with the same amount of effort and time needed by the person who's playing and they maintain that progression on that character, then I don't consider it pay-to-win. I consider it a second account. So initially what I'm going to say is having multi-boxing capability will be allowed within Ashes of Creation. There are a few safety nets that I put in place that kind of restrict the ability for abuses that we've seen in other games. – Steven Sharif
- Basismounts worden verkregen na een beginner quest die beschikbaar is voor alle spelers in de startgebieden.
- In de account management pagina wijzen spelers cosmetic skins toe aan een character in hun account.
- Deze skins kunnen vervolgens worden aangebracht om het uiterlijk van de in het spel verkregen mount te wijzigen.
- Dit verwijderd de skin niet. Het kan alsnog in de toekomst toegepast worden op een andere passende mount.
- Spelers kunnen de skin van het ene character verwijderen en aan een andere character toewijzen.
- Skins kunnen alleen actief zijn op een character en een mount.
De Dawnbreaker mount skin wordt in eenzelfde manier gebruikt, maar is alleen toewijsbaar aan een bepaalde klasse mount. Aquatische mount skins, zoals de Tidesnapper, worden ook op eenzelfde manier gebruikt, maar zijn alleen toewijsbaar aan de aquatische mountklasse.
- Q: What does this mean for my Ashes of Creation account with MY.GAMES moving forward?
- A: In the coming weeks, we will announce the migration steps for moving your account to Intrepid Studios, rest assured all purchases and achievements will remain with your account.
- Q: What happens to my purchases on my MY.GAMES account moving forward?
- A: The purchases and achievements you have on your MY.GAMES account will be migrated to the Intrepid Studios account management system.
- Q: What happens if I already have both a MY.GAMES account and an Ashes of Creation account?
- A: If you currently own both an Intrepid Account and MY.GAMES account that you intend to migrate, you will be able to submit a support ticket and we will help to consolidate your accounts into one, if you so desire.
- Q: If I was a MY.GAMES customer, how can I purchase the individual monthly cosmetics that were not available through their website?
- A: If you owned a pre-order package during the time of a desired individual monthly cosmetic, you will be able to submit a ticket through our customer support system, where we will then verify your eligibility to purchase the cosmetics and help to facilitate that purchase.
- Q: What will I need to do to play on European or Russian servers in the future?
- A: You will need to ensure your migration in the coming weeks, and use your Intrepid account to access the game.
- Q: What does this mean for your regional and language support moving forward?
- A: Intrepid Studios will be working to ensure proper localization in our supported languages as we build out our publishing operations in the EU.
- Q: If I don't want to transfer or migrate my MY.GAMES account, can I get a refund?
- A: Any players who previously purchased their pre-order through MY.GAMES can submit a support request through MY.GAMES for a full refund.
- Q: What happens to my personal information associated with my MY.GAMES account?
- A: When you migrate your account to Intrepid Studios, you will also be migrating the personal information associated with your account. If you would like to request that MY.GAMES removes your personal information, please reach out to their support team directly here.
- Very little gear will be account bound or soulbound in Ashes of Creation.
- Gear is obtained via crafting, gathering and processing along with raid and dungeon bosses.
A lot of what we experienced in games that usually come before us is that many things are account bound and they're soulbound to your character... Instead very little here is character bound. Very very little. The vast majority of gear- yes you will get quest related gear as rewards- but it won't be let's say one set in one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. Instead we want to really emphasize the reliance on the economy and crafters and gatherers and processors to support a majority of the gear structure in-game, combined with that of world raid bosses and dungeon bosses; not a repetitive quest line through a single dungeon. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 26 mei 2017 (18:10).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:06:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Voyager plus pre-order pack
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (52:45).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (26:18).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Poll + Bonus Dev Discussion - Multiboxing.
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (48:28).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (22:39).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (13:06).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (52:57).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (4:15).